Well since the proxy judge I added to luisaranguren.com has created so much traffic recently, I decided to set it up in its own domain. This script has been around forever, and I guess it deserves a little recognition.
For some time I’ve been using the mix of ZNC (an IRC bouncer) with Minbif (an IRC-like interface multiprotocol IM client), this gives me an stable connection to IRC thru the server running those two servers. I just then use my prefered IRC client to connect to ZNC and voila, I have connection to all my IM accounts from everywhere since it supports multiple clients connected at the same time.
Also I use ZNC to connect to regular IRC networks, so on the same IRC client I have all my IM and all my IRC, with all connections handled by the server running ZNC. I think it’s a very elegant solution, and much better than handling everything from the client machine, running windows, rebooting every two days because this and that security patch.
For ZNC to handle several connections to different networks, you need to set up different accounts with different user names, I am not going to go into that and assume this has been already done, but because of this I was having a little bit of trouble setting up irssi to auto-connect whenever it ran. The solution was as follows:
First, in ZNC, I set up one network for each connection I want to do to ZNC
For some time BASE 1.4.5 has been giving me tons of log warnings from deprecated php functions for example:
PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in base/includes/base_state_common.inc.php on line 184 PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in base/includes/base_state_criteria.inc.php on line 255 PHP Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in base/includes/base_signature.inc.php on line 142
Finally upgraded my iPod touch 4G to iOS 4.3.2, I have been putting off upgrading since 4.2.1 because of all the pain it involves, but after this upgrade went so smoothly I will probably stay up to day from now on.
Only struggle I had was because of my own mistake. I thought I would be upgrading and jailbreaking at the same time using redsn0w 0.9.6rc14, which is not the case. I needed to upgrade first thru iTunes and jailbreak after that making sure I disconnect the iPod from iTunes before it tries to sync after the upgrade it’s done, because it it does it will delete all the non-authorized apps from it.
This is part of the dump I got while rebooting after the jailbreak payload was uploaded to the ipod:
The volume Jasper8C148.N81OS appears to be OK.
Executing fsck_hfs (version diskdev_cmds-488.1.7~391).
disk0s2s1: ioctl(_IOW,'d',24,4) is unsupported.
** Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
** Detected a case-sensitive volume.
** Checking extents overflow file.
** Checking catalog file.
** Checking multi-linked files.
** Checking catalog hierarchy.
This peaked my curiosity and after some research found out it meant that I still had iOS 4.2.1 (Jasper8C148) in my iPod and when I was trying to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 (Durango 8H7). That’s what I get for not reading.
As per the cydia apps, they will get deleted no matter what, but with aptbackup it’s fairly easy to get them installed back and the only work it to move them again into their own containers.
Uploaded photos from a few trips I’ve done, including Cambodia, Thailand and China to http://photos.luisaranguren.com using the bizou image gallery, uses KISS priciple and keeps a very clean and direct interface. Also included some random photos I’ve taken.
Configured spamassassin to process daily running sa-learn on a folder, where I move emails that slip through the initial spamassasin run.
Created a script in /etc/cron.daily/sa-learn-spam.sh :
#By Luis Aranguren 2011-04-11
# Learns spam from "spam2learn" folder and moves the learnt spam to "processed spam" folder
sa-learn --spam -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --dir /home/pizzaman/Maildir/.spam2learn/cur/
mv /home/pizzaman/Maildir/.spam2learn/cur/* /home/pizzaman/Maildir/.processed\ spam/cur/
Now I just need to create a pair of folders called “processed spam” and spam2learn in this email account in thunderbird, when an email gets thru I just move it to spam2learn, when the script runs it automatically moves it to the processed spam folder. This way the spam bayesian learning is done automatically every day.
Finally decided to take the plunge and moved to a new home in a WordPress based blog with Ajax plug-ins and cross-posting to LiveJournal. Sadly LiveJournal was getting ancient.
Transferring from LiveJournal to WordPress was not as easy as it should or as it probably was in 2005. The included script of WordPress 3.1.1 didn’t work it kept spitting out this error:
We’re downloading and importing your LiveJournal posts...
Uh oh – LiveJournal has disconnected us because we made too many requests to their servers too quickly.
We’ve saved where you were up to though, so if you come back to this importer in about 30 minutes, you should be able to continue from where you were.
And all the automatic scripts I found googling were severely outdated so I had to hack into one of them.
The initial procedure was found here, where I used ljarchive to download the whole LiveJournal database and export it to XML and the script I try to use were from here, but I had to modify the script because it was completely broken.
It seems that the table structure has changed throught WordPress progress and not updated on the script, this is the script I modified [download id=”1″], for anyone attempting to use it you might need to modify the table names to suit your MySQL database.