went to the dentist today, arrived on time.. he was a cool guy.. he was honest.. i think I’m on the right track this time. I have an appointment to remove the shitty mercury next Monday. The whole appointment went great. We talked about DMPS, DMSA, EDTA and cilantro, and he agreed that would be a very good idea to follow the DMSA + Cilantro path. I’m very excited about this and expect things to improve in the short term.
Another significant European development about mercury amalgams was reported when Degussa AG, the largest producer of dental amalgams in Germany announced it would no longer provide such amalgams because of pending and future lawsuits. This was based on a Federal Court ruling that dentists who use such amalgams face legal liability.
Some Other Facts About Mercury
1. Mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive element on earth.
2. A silver colored mercury amalgam filling normally contains 52% mercury.
3. On average, amalgam filling weighs 1 gram and contains 1/2 gram of mercury.
4. The typical adult carries ten amalgam fillings containing about 5 grams of mercury.
5. 1/2 gram of mercury in a ten acre lake would warrant issuance of a fish advisory for the lake.
6. Running shoes with mercury lights in their heels were banned by the Minnesota Legislature in 1994 because they contained a 1/2 gram of mercury in them and this was considered dangerous to public health.
7. The use of mercury amalgams has been banned and are on a scheduled phaseout in Germany, Austria, Denmark and Sweden.
8. A proposition passed in California in 1994 requires a warning in dental offices using mercury amalgam stating that “the people of the state of California have determined that the use of mercury in dental amalgam causes birth defects and other health problems.” The proposition also requires that permission must be obtained from a patient before placing hazardous material in the mouth. (The new law is being contested by the ADA and California Dental Association, and is tied up in Federal Court).
9. Legislation is now being proposed in Minnesota for a similar “Informed Consent” legislation for all dental patients.
… amalgam (3 different types) placed in synthetic saliva in front of computer screens for 6 hours, corroded and released mercury.
… studies recording the improvement or disappearance of long standing symptoms in 70-80% of cases after amalgam removal. After the removal of amalgams there is commonly an acute occurrence or aggravation of symptoms hours or days after. There is a similar set of circumstances occurring during the chelated removal of mercury from the body. Headache, dizziness, depression, muscles and joint pains, tachycardia, diarrhea, and chills are reported. Occasionally, the patient is acutely confused and disoriented. Most symptoms are cured or significantly reduced when removal occurs.